Friday, July 29, 2016

Feature and Follow Friday: July 29th



The Feature and Follow is the premium BLOG HOP of Book Bloggers. hosted by AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee.  Running for over five years, the Feature and Follow’s goal is to promote the book blogging and author community to join together and support each other – even if it is just through a simple follow.

This week's blog prompt is:

What is your take on DNF books. Do you review them? Choose not to review them?

Well, I have to say that I am a little bit picky when I choose my books so it is rare that I don't finish my reading.  I think in the last year, there have only been about three that I either did not finish or quickly skimmed through because I was less than impressed.  If it is a book I bought or borrowed, I don't usually bother reviewing at all but if it is a ARC that was given to me specifically to review, I keep my obligation and try to focus on the positives of the story.  Only once have I sent an e-mail to the author to thank her again for the book but that it really wasn't for me and that I was uncomfortable writing a review.  The author was very understanding.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the different policies concerning DNFs today. It seems like a lot of people don't bother with books they read for pleasure (not that I blame them, reviews can be hard work!).

    Have a good weekend and happy reading!

    Austine @ NovelKnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be picky when choosing books (like I am with clothes shopping, I swear I'm the most critical shopper), but I also am trying to stop being a stick in the mud about my choices and broaden my horizons. It's a double-edged sword of sorts. I do DNF but I force myself to continue reading even if I feel like quitting. I must make it to the 40% mark, and most times I still push myself to continue. Whether I finish or DNF, I write a review, and these are just like my 5 stars. I am honest and fair, and I state things I liked and what absolutely did't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, DNFing is rare for me, but it does happen. I would say less than 5 books a year. Most likely less than 4 but I can't rightly say. There have been a few that I've started and only made it a chapter before I found myself daydreaming about another book so I moved on.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DNF books very rarely. I don't find the need to, I have gotten really good at picking books that work. On the rare occasion that I do DNF a book I let the person know in private, though after reading everyones thoughts on it I am thinking of changing my mind. Following in every way!

    ReplyDelete