Tuesday, August 8, 2017

First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday, August 8th



First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. is hosted by Bibliophile By the Sea and is all about sharing the first paragraph or two from a book you are about to read. I'll be starting The Carnelian Crow by Colleen Gleason.  This is the fourth book in the Stoker and Holmes series, which focuses on the mystery solving daughters of Bram Stoker and Sherlock Holmes. I'm really looking forward to it! It will also be #36 in my #Sixtybooks challenge for 2017.

"There was a soft tapping at my window. Normally it wouldn't have disturbed me, as I am blessed with the ability to slumber deeply, but tonight I was wide awake.  Unfortunately, that had been the case for many weeks now. The dark circles beneath my eyes had become large and puffy enough that even Mrs. Raskill had seen fit to make comment."



Would you keep reading?
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting, plus Stoker and Holmes that combination sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete