Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday, June 5th


I definitely believe in DNF.  Why force yourself to read something that you aren't enjoying?  For me, trying to read something that doesn't interest me can put me into a reading slump.  I just keep avoiding the book but don't start anything new either so it truly becomes a negative experience.  There haven't been a whole lot of books out there that I haven't finished so I am going to add a little twist to this week's question...
Top 8 books I have not finished or wish I hadn't...

Books I did not finish



1. Poison or Protect by Gail Carringer:  I love this author. I have read all of the Parasol Protectorate and the Finishing School series so I was excited for this one.  Very disappointed.  I did not like the main characters at all and put it down mid-way through. 

2.  How to Speak Brit by Christopher J. Moore:  I love all things British... except this book.  Boring.

3.  Dark Rites by Heather Graham:  Again, an author I love.  I've read every Krewe of Hunters book Heather Graham has written up until this one.  I did not enjoy Dying Breath (the first in this set) as much as the others because the main female character was so incredibly annoying.  When I picked up Dark Rites, I expected different main characters (as is Graham's usual pattern) only to find this character back in the spotlight again.  I put it down after two chapters and hope that the next set in the series has a more likable main character.

4.  The Arrivals by Melissa Marr:  This was supposed to be a spin-off from Graveminder, which I loved!  It just wasn't my cup of tea.  I was looking for the same feels I got with Graveminder and they weren't there.

Books I should have stopped reading before I got to the end 
(because in my opinion, the endings sucked)


1.  The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Crappy ending
2.  Allegiant: Crappy ending
3.  Gone Girl: Crappy ending
4.  The Girl With All The Gifts: Crappy ending

Hope you are all enjoying what you are reading this week!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Allegiant!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/05/top-ten-tuesday-162/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree - life is too short to force yourself to read books you aren't connecting with! I didn't even make it to Allegiant, I read Divergent and gave up part way through Insurgent....!

    ReplyDelete