I was reading over my wishlist on the Barnes and Noble site today and I realized that half of the books I want aren't even out yet because they are part of a trilogy or series. I want to read these books now! The butterflies I get when I finish a book and the anticipation to start the next quickly change to a frustrated knot when I realize that next book isn't available yet... boo.
A few weeks ago, I finished the third book in the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout and when I tried to buy the fourth, it of course was not yet available. Another book added to my wishlist. Currently, I am impatiently waiting for five books:
1. The next in the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness. This book isn't even finished yet and has no title... so depressing. I'm hoping for sometime in the next year. I keep looking on her site for news. http://deborahharkness.com/all-souls-trilogy/
2. The second book of Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Again, not finished yet but Ransom Riggs, the author, says it will be out sometime in 2013... I'm holding him to that. He will also be at Comic-Con in July for a signing. Updates on his blog are at http://www.ransomriggs.com/
3. Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones. A date! July 9, 2013. Can't wait!
4. Origin by Jennifer Armentrout. Listed as coming out in August 2013.
5. The next book in the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes mystery series by Laurie R. King. No news on when that is coming out. The sooner the better!
So, I wait... but I'm not happy about it. :)