To learn more about Top Ten Tuesday or see a list of future topics click here!
This week's top ten is to list your 10 favorite books in any genre. I was torn with which genre to choose but I finally decided to go with paranormal/supernatural type fantasy. All of these books have some paranormal/supernatural element to them. I have a combination of YA and adult books in this genre.
1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I adore this book and its sequel, Hollow City. The vintage pictures and plot suck you right into the story.
2. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. The whole series really, including the spin off Heroes of Olympus series. I just love mythology and my son and I read these together.
3. Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Wow! This was a feast of magic and color about two young magicians who get involved in a duel to the death but fall in love along the way. I devoured it in two sittings.
4. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. Another series of which I am anxiously waiting for the final book to see what happens to our main witch and vampire couple and their family.
5. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Smith. This book had a perfect mix of history, story, and some good old head rolling. Violent but fun.
6. Soulless by Gail Carriger: A great series revolving around Alexia Tarabotti, a woman who has no soul, helps investigate supernatural crimes, and gets involved with the local werewolf. Fun series.
7. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe. This is one of my favorites. Another that focuses on both present and past and deals with witchcraft. More good history in this one.
8. The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley. I adore all of her books (except the most recent) but this one was just wonderful. Historical, romantic, with just a touch of the supernatural element.
9. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. They are making a T.V. series for these books. The first one will always be my favorite. I just adore the idea of traveling through time and meeting your true love.
10. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. So much fun! A private investigator who is really the grim reaper who gets involved with the son of Satan (who is extremely hot). I recommend it to anyone looking for a humorous fantasy with adventure, some mild violence, romance (a fair amount of sex), and a lot of sarcasm. I laughed out loud during every book in the series.