Friday, May 2, 2014

Feature and Follow (May 2nd)


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

Click here to link up, join, and make some new friends!

This week's question:  Tell us about one of your hobbies that is NOT reading.

I have a few.  First, I love researching my family history.  I've traced one side all the way back to just after Henry Hudson sailed and found out that I am distantly related to Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Although I have slowed down a bit on it, I still do some research over the summers when I don't work and I love Ancestry.com.  :)

Second, I knit.  I truly suck at it and thus far have only made scarves, but I enjoy it and I know that I will get better with time (at least, I hope I do).  My goal is for my next project to NOT be a scarf but I haven't decided what to do yet.  

Finally, I must admit that I do like games.  Games on my iPod, iPad, or playing Call of Duty on the xbox with my son.  I'm actually pretty good at it too.  ;)

What are your hobbies outside of reading? Follow me and I'll happily follow back.
                                                                                                                                        

12 comments:

  1. I'm a huge gamer, PS3 & 360 for us. I'm a puzzle adventure player ~ such a Portal. Though I played it before, during a trial of GameFly that we didn't end up keeping, I just got Resident Evil 6 so I'm enjoying that. RE is my 2nd favorite series, after Kingdom Hearts. I'm also a pen paller. I love writing LONG letters to my pals. Have had pen pals since I was a teen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is impressive!

    Knitting is so cool! I want to learn and am waiting for my cousin to teach me.

    I'm a gamer too! I love it. COD is one of the ones I play too.

    New bloglovin follower.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice!! I use to play games myself. Nothing intense like Call of Duty. But I used to play (and still own) my GameCube! It was what I got for Bday/Xmas one year after my sister sold her Nintendo 64. I wanted to play Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Never did finish that. Got stuck at the point where I could travel through time and had NO IDEA how to get a larger money pouch to buy a fireproof vest in order to go to the mountain. Yup, I have a decent memory it seems! And plus Mario Kart Double Dash was awesome!!!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know much about my family history - sounds like a great hobby!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not very good at knitting either..lol. I love playing my xbox 360 as well! Thanks for stopping by! :) New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would quite like to learn to knit, it seems very relaxing.

    New bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to research my family history. Maybe one day I'll actually get to do it. Thanks for stopping by my F&F. Already following you on GFC and bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love learning family history. How awesome to find out your relegated to Laura Ingalls Wilder. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Followed you back GFC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are fantastic. My sister was the big ancestry person. I just don't have the time, but it is so very cool. Old follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. researching family history, that sounds interesting. I've never given much thought about it till you mentioned it. Maybe I'll try to research my family history too =)
    Thanks for stopping by and I'm following back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suck so bad at COD. I tried to play once I can't seem to move and shoot and adjust the camera all at the same time. I prefer computer games. But I totally get into COD when my husband plays. If he gets killed and it was unfair, I'm screaming at the tv, too. haha. =)
    Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm following you back via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete