Monday, September 28, 2015

Review: The Sleeper and The Spindle

This book I fell upon completely accidentally while looking for an audio book for my evening walk.  I honestly don't even remember exactly how I ended up finding it but I'm glad I did.  The cover is absolutely gorgeous! Then, when I read the teaser and realized that Gaiman was doing a book mashup of my least favorite princess and my favorite princess,  I just had to see how it turned out.

I have to say that for a 64 page book, I was pretty impressed.  Not that Neil Gaiman doesn't always impress me, but I wasn't sure what he could pull off in such a short book with what I thought would need a lot more depth and detail.  I was wrong.  This story is exactly what it should be, a very unique fairy tale with a bit of an edge, characters who delightfully stray from the norm, and even though not one of them has a name, we as the reader can figure out exactly who they are, which just adds to the fun.

If you are a fan of Neil Gaiman's brand of writing, this will be a great addition to your library.
                                                                                                                                         post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment