Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday, March 21st



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released.

As usual, there are several I'm waiting for such as the newest Throne of Glass book or the next book in the Stoker and Holmes series. Most of the titles I am looking forward to are coming in the fall.

This is one that I am particularly excited about.  I discovered this series a few months back and read the first two books, Stalking Jack the Ripper and Hunting Prince Dracula.  I really enjoyed them.


Escaping From Houdini
Kerri Maniscalco
Release Date: September 2018

Summary:
Audrey Rose Wadsworth and her partner-in-crime-investigation, Thomas Cresswell, are en route to New York to help solve another blood-soaked mystery. Embarking on a week-long voyage across the Atlantic on the opulent RMS Etruria, they're delighted to discover a traveling troupe of circus performers, fortune tellers, and a certain charismatic young escape artist entertaining the first-class passengers nightly.

But then, privileged young women begin to go missing without explanation, and a series of brutal slayings shocks the entire ship. The disturbing influence of the Moonlight Carnival pervades the decks as the murders grow ever more freakish, with nowhere to escape except the unforgiving sea. It's up to Audrey Rose and Thomas to piece together the gruesome investigation as even more passengers die before reaching their destination. But with clues to the next victim pointing to someone she loves, can Audrey Rose unravel the mystery before the killer's horrifying finale?

What are you waiting for?

6 comments:

  1. I have seen this one around, I hope it is good. I do want to read it myself. I hope you get a chance too!

    Mary my Can’t Wait Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaas!!! I cannot wait for this one either! Though I just know the ending will kill me!! After Kerri announced that she would write a book 4 she made a comment that had me worried! Lol!! The decision then comes down to, torturing myself with reading it or torturing myself by waiting to read it back to back with the final book! Lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a Moonlight Carnival on a cruise ship- sounds freaky and fun! Oh and is there a new Stoker/ Holmes coming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I really need to read this series!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete