Friday, March 2, 2018

Review: The Woman in the Window

I was a little bit leery when approached about reading The Woman in the Window with my friends for book club. I had read The Woman in Cabin 10 and The Girl on the Train and I just wasn’t really satisfied with either of them. I was concerned that this would be the same type of story however, the only aspect of this concern that came true was the fact that the main character had a drinking problem, which seems to be a trend for female lead characters these days. Aside from that, I loved this book. The characters were real and I was invested in their well-being.  The main character, Anna, was likable even though she was emotionally unwell and I rooted for her from beginning to end. I loved the fact that I didn’t exactly know who committed the crime right away even though I had my theories. I liked the fact that there was a twist that I didn’t see coming. I was also very excited when I found the clue that led us to the criminal right before it was revealed in the story. 

Also, the pace of the story was steady and I found that I didn’t want to put the book down (even though I had to on several occasions). The story wrapped up completely with all questions answered and I felt satisfied when I closed the book. I immediately lent it to another friend and I can't wait to see if she enjoys it as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. I've been cautious about any thriller with "Girl" in the title, but this one sounds like it really works. I've read enough positive reviews now to add it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was good too, and I didn't see the twist coming either. It actually shocked me!

    ReplyDelete