Sunday, June 30, 2013

Changes...

When I started this blog back in March, I knew nothing about blogging... absolutely nothing.  I came upon blogger while I was using my Google account and just started playing.  I thought it would be cool to have a blog about books since I am the only avid reader in my family.  I searched, "blogs about books" and was amazed and excited that there were already so many people doing this.  I finally had people to share with!

So started me learning how to create a blog.  My header was my first challenge and once I spent many hours experimenting with Picmonkey and Photobucket, I finally created header that was both the right size and that I thought fit my blog nicely.  Slowly, I also learned how to use gadgets available on Blogger, and then moved on to adding gadgets from other sites.  I made my own button, added social media buttons, learned how to "follow" people, joined Book Blogs, Goodreads, Bloglovin, participated in hops and memes, and tried to write book reviews that didn't give away too much but were still fun to read.  I'm still working on that... :)

This weekend, I created my second blog to use in my classroom when school starts in the fall.  I'm so excited by all I have learned and all that I plan to do with my fourth graders this year with this new tool.

So thanks to all you book bloggers out there.  Your blogs inspired me to hunt down and teach myself how to  make my blog nice to look at and interesting (I hope) to read.  I'm still learning more every day and I can't wait to see where I go next.  Maybe I will be brave enough to try a giveaway once I get a few more followers... :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Laura! Blogging takes a ton of work and being open to changes all the time! I've been blogging for three years now, and I'm still learning. Trust me...it gets easier with time, but it also gets more fun. Just roll with it, and make sure you're enjoying it, too!

    ReplyDelete