Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday

Wishlist Wednesday 

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Pen to paper where you post about one book per week that has been on your wishlist for some time,  that you can't wait to get onto your shelves.

The book I can't wait to get on my shelves is the sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  I absolutely loved this book and found out recently that the sequel called Hollow City, will be coming out in January of 2014.  It's a long wait but I am hoping it will be worth it.

Overview

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children was the surprise best seller of 2011—an unprecedented mix of YA fantasy and vintage photography that enthralled readers and critics alike. Publishers Weekly called it “an enjoyable, eccentric read, distinguished by well-developed characters, a believable Welsh setting, and some very creepy monsters.”
This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.
Complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly mesmerizing) vintage photographs, this new adventure will delight readers of all ages.
I'm so excited!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh nice pick! I have yet to read Miss Peregrine's Home but I really look forward to it.
    Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow interesting. I enjoyed Miss Peregrine's Home so will be looking out for this one. Thanks for sharing and I hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book on my TBR list. I didn't know there was going to be more books! Hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/wishlist-wednesday-57.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this one, but I hope you get it :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait! I loved Miss Peregrine -- didn't realize there was a release date for this one! Very exciting. :)

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, that is one I'm waiting for too! Loved that book. There is a new book coming out next month called Asylum that is kind of similar, with the photos as part of the story. Thanks for stopping by my WW too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I didn't even know about this yet! I'm so excited :D hehe thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete