Thursday, April 17, 2014

Impatiently waiting: My top 10 "I can't wait to read" books

Just as all of the summer blockbuster movies are starting to come out such as Captain America, Spiderman, and X-men (yes, I am a huge Marvel fan), it seems as though there are a ton of hot books coming out that I have really been looking forward to, as I am sure many other readers are as well.  I usually put one or two in the Waiting on Wednesday meme but there are just too many! They need their own post. :)

It's funny because all of the books on this list right now are part of a series, a few being the final installment.  I have a wishlist about a mile long but I thought I would share the top ten on my "I can't wait to read" list. These are the books I am impatiently waiting for. When they arrive, I will be up until the wee hours of the morning reading.  I'm writing just a tiny bit about each one but you can click on any of them to take you to the Amazon summary page.  Happy reading!


Barricade in Hell by Jaime Lee Moyer.  I loved the first book, Delia's Shadow, where Delia can see ghosts and has to solve the mystery of a serial killer.  I'm looking forward to her next adventure.








Prince Lestat by Anne Rice.  I loved her Vampire Chronicles and i'm glad she is returning to them.  I am hoping Louis will be brought back in the story as well and can't wait to read some of Lestat's trademark bad behavior.







Not much needs to be said here.  Many readers have been waiting for the final installment of The Mortal Instruments.  City of Heavenly Fire promises to have many of us reading through the night to see how the series ends.








I just love these books about Charley Davidson, private eye and full time grim reaper.  Her true love happens to be the son of Satan.  Makes for an interesting, snarky, action packed thrill ride every time.




I am so excited for this one.  It has been a long time coming.  Our main characters, Diana and Matthew, witch and vampire, have returned from the past and have the battle of their lives ahead of them.  The first two books were excellent and I'm sure the final book will be just as good.





I'm kind of sad that this series is ending because it just might mean the end of Percy Jackson.  I'm not saying that he is going to die, just that I won't have anymore adventures to look forward to.  Even so, I'm super excited to see what happens to Percy, Annabeth, and all of their friends.  I'm sure it will be full of action and mythological creatures galore.





I picked up the first book in this series, The Collector, on a recommendation from someone else and was hooked immediately.  Dante started out caring about no one but himself and has eventually softened up once he got to know Charlie.  In this installment, he will be involved in a battle between heaven and hell in order to save those he has come to care about. I'm excited!





Another series I started from a recommendation and completely fell in love with. This one is dark at times because of Mara's special "gift" but it is also totally engaging.  I still hope beyond hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for Mara.



Yay!  I am a huge Mary Russell mystery fan.  This is book #13 and takes place in 1925 in between A Monstrous Regiment of Women and Locked Rooms.  These books can't come fast enough for me.  One of the few mystery series that I really enjoy and have stuck with.







The third book in the His Fair Assassins trilogy and the story of Annith, who is the one girl who has yet to leave the convent.  I'm hoping we get to know her better but also get to see Ismae and Sybella again.  It would be fabulous to see all three fighting together at the end.





                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment