Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (July 8, 2014)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser for the week is:
"You that kid on TV? The one who killed her sister? 
My face flushed, remembering the news trucks surrounding the court house, the cameras and microphones thrust in my face. The words came unbidden out of my throat. 
"I'm innocent."  
She laughed, a deep, rattling smoker's laugh full of phlegm.  "Guess nobody told you, we're all innocent in here."
That Night by Chevy Stevens 
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! 

6 comments:

  1. Cruel! That poor kid.

    Thanks for stopping by to check out mine. http://wp.me/pZnGI-9f

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great story. I'm curious about what happened. Is she innocent or not?
    My Teaser is from RYELEE’S COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute header too. I had one word after that teaser. Wow. :) Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. I'm guessing she actually is innocent.

    ReplyDelete