Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year's Book Challenge: Day 5

Hosted by Parajunkee, today's theme is the worst book you read in 2013.

I do a lot of research before I buy a book, unless it is part of a series.  I didn't "hate" any of the books I read this year so I am just going to pick one that wasn't on the top of my list.  And that book is:

Hotshot by Julie Garwood.  I loved the first four books in the Buchanan brothers series with Heartbreaker and Mercy being my favorites, but just like Janet Evanovich, once you get to a certain point, it is just the same thing over and over.  I still love Garwood but this series needed to end a long time ago and this book proved it.  

3 comments:

  1. Long running series are so tough. I wonder sometimes if the publisher just pushes the author to keep cranking out books because they make money. After a while, you are right, the books are all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like when series do that. It is just the same book with new character names. Some of my favorite PNR series turn into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad. Never good when that happens to a series

    ReplyDelete