Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year's Challenge: Day 6


Hosted by Parajunkee, today's theme is the best book you read in 2013.  Argh!!! This is so hard to chose.  I have a tie.

1.  The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
This book just really held my interest.  I found it to be fascinating in the same way that I found Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children fascinating.  It sucked me in and I felt almost as if I were there at the circus as well.  I wanted to be part of it.



2.  The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley.  
I love all of her books but the combination of history, romance, and just a little bit of romance made this book a page turner.  I read it in one night and remember being happily exhausted the next day.   

3 comments:

  1. I've really been wanting to read The Night Circus. I'm glad you liked it and I'm taking it as a sign to read it.

    ~April @ Once Upon a Coffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Night Circus has gotten a lot of praise, I'll have to read it someday!

    Best Book of 2013

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a red scarf? I loved The Night Circus as well. It was magical!

    ReplyDelete